Matterport VR Tour’s
What is Matterport
With Matterport, prospective buyers, renters, customers or visitors can take a virtual tour of a property anytime, from anywhere. How is this possible? Matterport is a three-dimensional camera system that creates realistic, fully immersive 3D experiences.
Viewers can then explore the location from a variety of viewpoints, learn more about the aspects of the location they’re interested in and get a feel for the space without having to physically travel there. They can view this 3D representation on a desktop computer, a mobile device or with a virtual-reality headset for an even more immersive experience.
Uses for Matterport
Using Matterport to create 3D renderings of spaces can benefit a wide range of industries. One of the most common applications is in the real estate business, but there are plenty of others, too. Any organization that uses a physical space could potentially benefit from using Matterport.
- Real estate: Creating a virtual tour of a property allows prospective tenants and residents to see the space in-depth without having to physically travel there. It works for both residential and commercial real estate. You can even use it to show prospects what a building that’s still under construction will look like when it’s finished, and help them imagine themselves in the space.
- Travel and hospitality: Hotels, resorts, cruise ships, airlines and more can show future travelers exactly what they offer, helping them get excited for their trip and know how to prepare adequately for it.
- Restaurants: Restaurant owners can use it to show guests what to expect and to let them choose a table to reserve.
- Retail stores: Store owners can show visitors the layout of their space and choose products to feature in their 3D tour. Shoppers at malls or large department stores can use it to find the individual shop or section of the store they want.
- Architecture, engineering and construction: With Matterport, you can scan your construction site once and have all the details you could ever need, including precise measurements, at your fingerprints. 3D spaces are an easy way to document each step of your process and show your progress to stakeholders.
- Event venues: Before choosing to host their event at your venue, people want to know what to expect. That way, they can decide if the space will fit their needs and plan their event according to the venue’s features. Whether you manage a concert hall, sports facility, ballroom, outdoor space or another venue, a Matterport space can help bring in more renters.
- Cultural spaces: Creating a virtual space allows more people to experience your art installation, museum exhibit or other cultural display, even if they can’t be there physically.
- News and entertainment: Including a virtual space with a story, whether it’s a news story or a fictional tale, creates a more interactive experience for readers and can help them get a better understanding of the information you present them with. It can also drive new viewers to your site and make current ones want to stay longer.